Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby Cookin' Update - 16


Sixteen Weeks                                           

Size of Baby - An Avocado

Cravings - Eggs are once again palatable and even delicious. I'm quite happy about this, as an eggy tortilla with a side of fruit holds me over so much better than just a side of fruit. I've also been loving Totino's pizzas topped with whatever I have sitting around - spinach, asparagus, tomatoes, mandarin oranges. And oh my word. Watermelons.

What is different this time around - So much more discomfort. I'm definitely not having a rough pregnancy, by any stretch of the imagination, but I think the combination of this happening during such a traumatic year, being three years older and several pounds heavier, and this being my second pregnancy all combine to make the aches and pains more than they were last time.

Symptoms - I usually have a sore belly by the end of the day. I'm pretty sure this is simply because I have a lazy diaphragm that doesn't even attempt to hold my innards in place. I've also been half ignoring what seems to be a pulled groin muscle. This is rather annoying, since I have not been running or jumping or any other activity which might pull a groin muscle. I'm afraid this may have come from bowling or an early waddle-walk.

Appointments - We have our next appointment two weeks from today. At that appointment we'll setup the date for our big anatomy ultrasound. Yay! I can't wait to find out whether this is a little boy or girl. I must say, as we were heading into this Jared and I kept bouncing back and forth over whether we were hoping for a girl or a boy. On the one hand, having a boy might prove a bit easier emotionally, simply because it would be different. On the other hand, we miss having a little girl. Early on in the pregnancy we didn't talk much about this, but about a month ago we both confessed to hoping for a girl. We want to cuddle a little girlie again. Of course we'll be over the moon for either one. With Ryann we were hoping for a boy and we couldn't have been happier with our girl. So who knows. Of course, the other night my sister dreamed we had a minuscule baby boy. Any premonitions out there?
                                                              


1 comment: