Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baby Cookin' Update - 22

Twenty-Two Weeks                                           

Size of Baby - Papaya

Cravings - Avocado, eggs, breakfast burritos, cheese, pickles.

What is different this time around - Although I'm probably carrying high compared to the general populous, Clifton is sitting much lower than Ryann ever did. This usually makes it a bit easier to find shirts that fit, since I can actually wear a belt above my belly instead of having it up at my chin and maternity shirts have gathering towards the top of my belly, rather than trying to gather around my belly button.

Symptoms - The heartburn has started up again. I've never in my life had a problem with heartburn, but I started to experience it at around the halfway mark with Ryann. It got worse and worse as she grew larger and larger, but the minute she was out the heartburn was gone. It's started up right on time with Clifton and I'm looking forward to his exodus in large part for the joy of having my digestive system back to myself. I've also started to have trouble with a pinched nerve in my right hip. This is not sciatic pain (which I do get once in a while) but just a stubborn nerve that only seems to flare up if I dare to sit or stand for more than two hours at a time. Graduation weekend was not kind to it. I've been doing a fair amount of granny-walking in the past week or so.

Appointments - We just had a routine checkup on Friday to be measured and hear the heartbeat. It was interesting to hear all of the sounds on the doppler. As Clifton grows, so does his placenta, which is attached right across the front of my belly and does a pretty good job at blocking his movements and his heartbeat from prying outsiders. We were finally able to hear past the loud whooshing of the placenta and were happy to be reassured by his strong, steady heartbeat, this time accompanied by a ridiculous amount of squirming, kicking, and punching. I think we have another wild-child in the works. I can't say I'm disappointed.
                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment