Monday, January 16, 2012

Five Weeks

This post really should have been up on Friday, but I've been too busy cleaning, baking, and sleeping to make it happen. I'm currently working on two cakes for a work meeting tomorrow. I'm having a ton of fun because it's been way too long since I've had an excuse to bake a cake. Usually when I bake, Jared and I end up eating far too much and half of it still ends up going to waste. So I always love the excuse of baking for a group. I'm making a large vanilla cake with blueberries baked in, filled with lemon curd and frosted with lemon-vanilla swiss buttercream along with a small spice cake filled with spiced poached pears and frosted with whipped ganache. But enough of that for now, on to baby!


Five Weeks                                           

Size of Baby - An orange seed.

Cravings - Protein. I've found myself jonesing for beans, hamburgers, and tofu-heavy stir-fry..

What is different this time around - As happy as we are about this baby, it's odd to not just be happy. It's kinda frustrating how it's so mixed in with sadness and fear. Last time we were unapologetically happy.

Symptoms - I've started having awful dreams. Luckily these aren't as bad as that streak of dreams I had my sophomore year. Yikes! Those were true blue gory nightmares. These are just a bit unsettled and drag on forever. Last night I dreamt I was in a maze with a group of people who had shot Ryann and were trying to shoot the rest of my family. I went all revengeful vigilante on them and shot them all in the face. Not the most restful night of sleep.
                                                              


2 comments:

  1. The cakes sound AMAZING. Lemon + blueberries are one of my favorite baking combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, your dreams. I've had crazy weird dreams, too...but not violent yet. I desperately need a pregnant lady ice cream break...come see me? :)

    ReplyDelete