Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Perfect Quote

The other day, Jared and I were both struck by a conversation two characters had on one of our favorite shows. As soon as this little exchange took place, we turned to each other and both said something along the lines of 'Wow! That is so good!'. I think that whoever wrote these lines must have lost someone close to them. I was just stunned with how spot on these feelings are.
---
Kid (who just lost his mother) - I know it gets better . . .

Man (who lost his mother a few years ago) - I think what happens is it gets less. The weight will always be there.

Kid - Forever?

Man - Well, eventually you end up hoping so.

1 comment:

  1. I've felt the same about losing my parents. Part of you wants to forget, but then you really do want to remember. It's the only way to keep them close.

    ReplyDelete