Friday, October 14, 2011

Cross-Country Call

My Grammo called me the other night to wish me a happy birthday. We used to hang out at her place every weekend in Walla Walla. Sometimes we would leave Ryann with her for an hour or two to give Ryann a chance to play with her cousins who are actually my cousins (large cross-generational Mexican family going on with us).

My Grammo doesn't cry. Usually. She's of the crusty, codger-y variety of Grammos.

Last night, after she heard my voice go thick while I was reassuring her that we're doing well, she got off the phone quick. But I heard her voice go thick too. And I know that across the country there were another pair of eyes that looked the same.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah....there are eyes like that at my house frequently. Behind those eyes are thoughts of you, Jared, and Ryann.

    ReplyDelete